Monday, January 19, 2009

Lost & Found

Ever find a trail you never knew was missing? I "discovered" Fox Hollow Trail in Shelton recently when I saw this engraved stone pillar along the edge of Little Fox Run just east of Okenuck Way. It's an access trail to the trails at Birchbank Mountain, built by the developer of the neighboring Fox Hollow subdivision in the 1990s.

The neighbors knew it was there and a few people had mentioned a set of stairs to me, but I had no idea what they were referring to until I just happed to see this pillar with a set of stairs behind it leading to Birchbank. The trail is located on a narrow corridor of city open space land.

Our Trails Committee knew nothing of the trail and was delighted to hear of it. Next spring we'll need to give the trail some maintenance, paint some blazes on the trees, and update Birchbank Mtn hiking map.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: